Who can enter the Haskell County Fair? ANYONE! -- you don't have to be a member of a 4-H club. Every person in Haskell County should receive a fair book in the mail. This is your invitation to become a part of the county fair by entering.
If you ARE a member of a 4-H club in the Haskell County area, contact your club leaders or the local extension office at 675-2261 for information on how to enter your projects in the fair.
ANYONE living in Haskell County or surrounding counties can enter something in the Open Class Division. To make things a lot easier on you and the Open Class helpers,
pick up some green OPEN CLASS ENTRY CARDS and some OPEN CLASS ENTRY SHEETS prior to entry day. These are available in Sublette at the Fair Office,
the Extension Office, and the Haskell Township Library. In Satanta, you can pick some up at the Dudley Township Library. There are also extra fair books at these locations in case you
lose yours or need an extra.
Clik here for a downloadable Open Class Entry Sheet.
- Look at the Fair Book "Table of Contents" for the appropriate section (Open Class or 4-H).
- Find the page number of the Department where your entry belongs. (For example, Horticulture, Clothing, Photography, etc.) Turn to that page.
- READ THE RULES FOR EACH DEPARTMENT! This will tell you exactly how to present your entry and how many items you may enter.
- Find the appropriate class for your entry.
- Fill out a green ENTRY CARD for each entry. Make sure fill each card out completely and accurately. Attach a completed card to each entry with tape, string, or a rubber band.
- Open Class only: List ALL of your entries on an ENTRY SHEET. Don't list your mom's or your brother's entries on your sheet -- every exhibitor has to have their own.
- Bring your entries with attached cards and your entry sheet(s) to the fair grounds on TUESDAY morning of fair week.
4-H entries accepted: 8:00am -- 10:00am, 4-H Building
Open Class entries accepted: 9:00am -- 11:30am, Open Class Building
- Take your entry to the correct department and check it in with a superintendent. They will give you back the top green copy of your Entry Card.
- Open Class only: Leave your entry sheet(s) in the box near the entry of the building before you leave.
- Pick up your entries between 8:00 and 10:00pm Friday evening.