Fair Queen Contest
Parade & BBQ
These events offer some some special opportunities for fair-goers!
For information on the parade or barbeque, please go to the
Parade & BBQ page.
MEALS at the fairgrounds
Served daily in the Commercial Building, Tuesday through Thursday
Lunch: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Supper: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- Tuesday, July 24
- Lunch: Sublette United Methodist Women
- No supper will be served
- Wednesday, July 25
- Lunch: Sublette American Legion
- Supper: Jesus Christ One Way Church
- Thursday, July 26
- Lunch: St. Alphonsus Knights of Columbus
- Supper: AFS
- COMMERCIAL EXHIBITS
- Daily, Tuesday through Thursday
- 10:00am - 8:00pm, Commercial Building
- Check out what products and services area businesses and groups have to offer!
- 4-H FOOD AUCTION
- Tuesday, July 24
- 5:00pm, Commercial Building
- Plan to attend the food auction this year! The profits from this sale go to the Haskell
County 4-H Council, which helps fund camps, officer training, county club days, and several
other county-wide activities.
BUSHELS, BALES & TAILS NIGHT
Tuesday, July 24 at the Fair Grounds Shelter
- Free Hot Dog Feed
- Homemade Ice Cream Contest & Cupcake sampling:
Enter 5:45 - 6:00pm, Judging at 6:30pm
For more information, click on the Contests page.
- Fair Queen Coronation:
Following the 4-H Public Fashion Review, the fair queen candidates will be introduced, and the Haskell County Fair Queen will be crowned. Fair Queen Contest Information: Click on the Fair Queen Contest page.
- Old Fashioned Games
Let's celebrate the 100th anniversary of Haskell County with some good old-fashioned fun: egg toss,
potato sack race, and watermelon eating contest. No pre-entry is required. Individuals will
compete by age groups: 8 years and under, 9-17 years, and 18 years and over. Participants
will receive a coupon to redeem at the 4-H or rodeo concessions.
- LIVESTOCK SHOWS
- Dog & Cat Show
- Monday, July 23 at 8:00am
- 4-H Horse Show
- Monday, July 23 at 3:00pm
- Sheep Show
- Wednesday, July 25 at 6:00pm
- Goat Show
- Wednesday, July 25 following Sheep Show
- Swine Show
- Thursday, July 26 at 8:00am
- Rabbit & Poultry Show
- Thursday, July 26 at 1:30pm
- Bucket Calf & Beef6Show
- Thursday, July 28 at 6:00pm
- Round Robin
- Friday, July 27 at 9:00am
- LIVESTOCK SALE
- Friday, July 27 at 7:00pm
- The youth of Haskell County will again be selling market steers, sheep and swine at the
livestock sale. The buyer has the option of keeping the animal for slaughter or returning it
to the floor. Also, "add-on" cards are available to add on money to specific animal(s).
Please call the Extension Office at (620) 675-2261 for more information, or to place a phone bid.
- PEDAL TRACTOR PULL
- Saturday, July 28 at 12:30pm, City Park
- The Haskell County Farm Bureau Association first sponsored the Kids' Pedal Pull Contest
at the Haskell County Fair in 1995. Each year since then, kids from ages 4 - 12 have competed
in this event. In order to make it less hectic for both the kids and the adults, the contest
has been moved to the City Park to be held during the Community Bar-B-Que.
Every child that gets on a tractor receives a soda pop, compliments of the Haskell County
Farm Bureau Association. Medals are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each of the
nine age divisions,
The 1st place winners in each age division at the local level then qualify to compete at
the state competition held every year at the Kansas State Fair at Hutchinson in September.
Kansas Farm Bureau, of Manhattan, KS, sponsors the state contest. The 1st place winners
at the state level then qualify to go on to the National Pedal Pull Contest.
Any child 4 - 12 years old who is interested in participating in the Pedal Pull should be
at the park with their parents by 12:30pm on Saturday. No pre-registration is necessary.