Cleveland is in central Kingman County a few miles south of Kingman. Tracks originally laid for the the Hutchinson & Southern (later A.T.S.F) railroad pass through town and a grain elevator beside the tracks still serves the community.
Founded: 1879 Elevation: 1650 feet Latitude: 37° 33' 6"N Longitude: 98° 8' 0"W Area Code: 620 County Code: KM
- Genealogical Information for Kingman County is available on Blue Skyways.
- Listed as extinct in the 1911-1912 Collections of the Kansas State Historical Society.
- Also called Carvil.
- Cleveland was on the Hutchinson & Southern (later A.T.S.F) railroad.
- Cleveland appears on a county map in the History of Kansas by Noble L. Prentis published in 1899.
- Read the news from Cleveland for August 5, 1909.
For complete and up-to-date information about current Kingman County events, businesses or other information,
Kingman County Economic Development Council,
324 North Main, Kingman KS 67068
Visit the Home Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
© Copyright 1999