The Czech Memorial Museum was put together by the Heritage Associates of Jennings, Inc. in 1970.
The building they used was the old Methodist Church. It was donated by the Hays Conference
of the Methodist Church. The building was gutted and the south addition and vestibule were
taken away. After moving what was left of the building, much volunteer work was put into
restoring the building. Funds were received from donations, memorials, the Economic Development
Commission and the Decatur Improvement Commission.
There are over 1000 catalogued and labeled items on display, including the pedal-powered grindstone
shown here. These items were donated by members of the community.